I started this dress back at the beginning of January as a test for my silk ballgown. I have finally finished it long after the silk dress. I find it funny how the starting order of projects and their completion can get completely switched around sometimes. But life is often like that. We have to switch and change our focus to other things that become more important
I know I have been a little neglecting of my blog of late. Unfortunately that is all my fault, but I can't promise that it will get any better. Actually, I think it will get worse. Life is going to be very hectic and crazy for me for the next few months so that I won't get very much done to feature on the blog. But I do have some sewing things going on right now that I can outline for you.
Okay, so it is Tuesday instead of Monday. My excuses for being late are that I was gone part of the weekend, Sunday I was playing with my new smart phone, and Monday and today I had to complete the project to even have something to post about.
I haven't been completely lazy lately, although I didn't manage to get a post out Monday. I will use the fact that is a national holiday as my excuse.
Okay, so maybe it appears that I am super productive every week with sewing projects. I am here to correct that notion. I think I will share a few entries from my sewing journal to show how much I actually get done and how often I get it done. (Unless of course I have a deadline, then beware! I sew like crazy and ignore my family.)
I have finally gotten around to putting together a bodice moulage and without too much tears and anguish over fitting problems.
I have a bit of a fabric obsession. What I feel is my one saving quality is that when I buy fabric I buy it with a project in mind, such as I want to make a dress out of this (specifics unknown), or I want to make this specific design out of that.*** The problem is that I buy the fabric and then have to store it until I manage to get around to that project. The other problem is that I can't really "shop my stash" so to speak when I have a new project in mind. I usually have to go buy more because the rest has been spoken for. :)
I thought I would compile a collage of some of the more important projects that I completed last year. This pretty much showcases all of my major/fun projects. And I thought I got so much more done last year! I guess not. I did have other minor projects that fell more into the alteration line or were part of a project already represented.
I suppose the major accomplishment of the year was drafting my first sewing pattern, the Hope Skirt pattern. I still have some things to work out (such as when you grade the pattern using a percentage tool, that does mean the length shrinks equally with the waist!) but the main idea is in place.
Here's to a good new year with lots of sewing success!
I have managed to clear out some of the projects that have been piled high, though in the process they seemed to multiply like rabbits. ('Cause in the middle I was given some more alteration projects.)
I finished my silk ball gown! Yippee! It is done with plenty of time to spare. Now hopefull Miriam will be able to finish hers in time. Due to some unforseen circumstances, I won't be able to help her finish hers.
Sarah loves to sew, learn more about sewing, and create items with a vintage flair. Her arch enemy is clipping curves, and she has a tolerable relationship with the seam ripper.
Visit me on Etsy
My Favorite Links
The Boyer Sisters
Emily's Vintage Visions
Mode De Lis