I am back again. I didn't get a post out last Thursday, so I wanted to be sure to get one done today. I managed to make some progress on the skirt pattern. Previous posts on this project can be foundhere, here, and here.
I worked on the third skirt piece to add the insertions for the gathering. From there I was ready to do a test run of part of the pattern pieces. I wanted to be sure that I was adding enough insertions for the gathering between pieces, and if changes were needed, I wanted to do it before I got too far into the process. From what I see, I think the pieces are just about right.
So I made the mistake of not copying the third pattern piece before I added in the insertions. Oh, well, it is possible to reengineer the original pattern shape. It just won't be easy. I will be sure to copy the last piece before I work on it. Once I get that piece done, I will add that to the sample above to finish the first sample. From there, I will need to add seam allowances to the pieces before I make a wearable model.
Sarah loves to sew, learn more about sewing, and create items with a vintage flair. Her arch enemy is clipping curves, and she has a tolerable relationship with the seam ripper.
Visit me on Etsy
My Favorite Links
The Boyer Sisters
Emily's Vintage Visions
Mode De Lis