All I seem to do are home decor projects anymore...... We hated the valances in the living room and dining room, so we took those down. But we were left with the wooden frames and with family coming for Christmas it got to the point something had to be done.
I did some research on Pinterest and various shopping sites to get ideas. I then drew up six different designs adapted for both windows.
All my measurement scribbles to come up with detailed plans.
Mom and Dad narrowed the designs down to two. I then took those designs and used the drawing function to create a digital version to play around with proportions and minor alterations.
Once the final design was picked, I worked on hashing out all the measurement details for the individual pieces and for planning yardage requirements.
Next up paper templates to make sure all my calculations were correct.
Trimming to shape.
The buttons I used are 2 and a half inch fabric covered.
It took a little bit to staple them up, and then stitch on the button and stitch the strap to hold up the bunches, but I am so glad to have them done.
Now I can work on my sewing projects. :D
Sarah loves to sew, learn more about sewing, and create items with a vintage flair. Her arch enemy is clipping curves, and she has a tolerable relationship with the seam ripper.
Visit me on Etsy
My Favorite Links
The Boyer Sisters
Emily's Vintage Visions
Mode De Lis