Some of the quick projects I have been able to accomplish/start recently have been altering or complete makeover projects. This shirt was one of those outrageously large shirts I got years ago when my only qualifier for fit was that is wasn't too small. I have since become more picky about fit when buying something, neither too small nor too big.
This picture gives you some idea of how much I had to take in on each side. Unfortunately, I didn't get any before and after pictures to show you how big this really was. I had taken the sleeves off and after taking the sides in recut the armholes to the original size, only in the new spot. The other alteration I made was to the sleeves. They were rather large, straight cut, and longer than I wanted. So, I chopped off the bottom to the new length, and used what I cut off to make a small cuff that I then gathered the sleeve into, giving me cute gathered sleeves.
I have not worn this skirt for a long time and wasn't likely to wear it again (got to grow up sometime), so I decided that my younger sister would benefit from it. All I had to do was take the elastic in.
This is a jumper that I cut the bodice off to use the skirt to make my younger sister a new skirt. This one isn't done yet, but I need some elastic first. : )
I know I just posted some of the other things I've been working on lately, but I wanted to get this out while it was fresh.
Sarah loves to sew, learn more about sewing, and create items with a vintage flair. Her arch enemy is clipping curves, and she has a tolerable relationship with the seam ripper.
Visit me on Etsy
My Favorite Links
The Boyer Sisters
Emily's Vintage Visions
Mode De Lis